During the plover nesting season we sometimes paddle across the bay to place signs and ropes on the inside of the bay. Recently I paddled on my day off, but I was closer to Turri Road. I paddled under the bridge and out the channels into the middle of the estuary. It is such an amazing place to just float around and see what lives out there. Bait fish, rays and sharks, birds and tires. Oh wait, tires don't live out there. Well I did see over twenty tires amongst other garbage. It's a shame people think they can dump things into the estuary or creeks and it will just go away. We are making plans to clean up some of this junk, so maybe soon you too can help clean up the bay. But first the planning...
1st pic looking towards the gap between Black Hill and Cerro Cabrillo
No comments:
Post a Comment